Adopt a Musician
In Planning: An Orchestra
Interest is high and the applications are numerous. In 2016, from a pool of more than 250 applicants, 44 instrumentalists from 19 nations were invited to participate in the Moritzburg Festival Academy. Young musicians from the USA, Canada, Asia and Bolivia encountered Spanish, Polish and Lithuanian students. In 2017, once again young international talents will grow into a Festival Orchestra together within a week, rehearsing intensively and presenting the results of their labour in numerous concerts. Every year, it is a moment of joy and excitement when the orchestra first appears on stage to trace the spirit of the music in front of a fastidious audience. Young talents from all over the world with very different social and musical backgrounds make music on stage together with international soloists, united by music. They learn that playing together can be a valuable source of mutual enrichment. It is the aim of the Academy to share this inspiring experience with young, ambitious musicians.
Become a member of our Festival family and pave the way for intercultural exchange by “adopting” one of the young musicians – a cost of € 1,000. The total cost of a full scholarship for one Academy participant is about € 3,500.
Good reasons for “adopting” a musician
1. Your sponsorship makes one of the full scholarships for the 2017 Academy possible.
2. Through your generosity, you are investing in the musical future of the next generation.
3. You are invited to meet your “adoptive musician” personally during the 2017 Academy working session.
4. Your donation is tax-deductible in Germany.
Our thanks to you
1. Get to know your “adoptive musician” in advance, through a photograph and CV mailed to you
2. Listing in the Concert Almanach (published in August)
3. Listing in the Academy section of our website